Since Peanut (& I) have been coughing and snotty(lovely) for the past week, I decided it was time for some over the top cleaning!
Let me just first start out with this, I got this idea from the Frugal Queen herself, Miss Jordan Page from Fun, Cheap, or Free. I tried it today, and it works amazingly!
- In Jordan’s post, she mentions what items she usually puts in the dishwasher, ya know, besides dishes…and she included:
- hair brushes (hair removed of course)
- and last but not least, children’s toys.
- So, I put in all the above, because Lord knows they could have all used it…
- Put in hairbrushes (minus hair), toothbrushes, and kids toys
- Make sure the toys are not battery operated, fabric, or have working parts, or several parts for that matter.
- Set your dishwasher on the ligher option, air dry, and light wash.
- I added a tiny bit of dish soap as well, and that’s it!