1. I’m a self-proclaimed hippie – It all started when I found out I was pregnant: breast-feeding. It spiraled from there. I soon became obsessed with learning about everything that had to do with Liam. The more research I did, the more granola I became. My friends and family still judge, crack jokes, and question my parenting style and decisions. Just because its the social norm, doesn’t mean it’s the right thing for your child. — Words from a crunchy, granola, hippie mama.
2. I want lots of kids – I’m slightly obsessed with the Duggars. When I say slightly, I mean a lot. Although I never see myself having 19 kids. I have learned one important thing though: “children are a blessing”. When you suffer from infertility, it is heart break every month. You really learn to be more open to any blessing God is willing to give you. Whether that means one child or multiple. I will open my heart to whatever the Lord sees fit.
3. I have PCOS – In 2013 we decided to start trying for baby #2. After a year of infertility, we finally headed to a fertility specialist. I was then diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. To most people, this is no big deal. PCOS is a disease like any other disease. It makes it hard to lose weight, you can’t eat certain things, I have to take 4 large pills a day, etc. I’m still learning to live with it, one day at a time.
4. I love the Jonas Brothers – It was 2005 when I first heard JB. Long before their Disney days. Yes, I cried when they broke up…even if I was 22.
5. I’m a total nerd – Star Trek Conventions? Supernatural Fandom? Really though..total nerd girl.